Notice Of Privacy Practices
Thank you for visiting the CalNonprofits Insurance Services (CIS) website and reviewing our privacy and security statement. At CIS, we value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy in everything we do. In the course of providing products and services, we may obtain nonpublic personal and medical information about you. Below is an explanation of how we use this information. If you have any questions, please contact us at
Information Collection and Use:
We may collect nonpublic personal and medical information about you, when voluntarily provided to us, from the following sources:
- from an application or other forms you send to us
- from your dealings with us
- from our website (e.g. email address, name or your organization, etc)
The information is used:
- to contact you with the services in which you have expressed an interest
- to have a third party perform a business function for us
- to allow a provider (medical care institution or medical professional) to verify coverage or benefits, or conduct an audit
- upon request by an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority to prevent fraud
- for marketing other products and services by us or our parent organization, California Association of Nonprofits
- maintain appropriate safeguards to protect the information
- require any organization that provides assistance with administering or providing services on our behalf to also maintain the confidentiality of this information
When you browse our website, you are anonymous. Personally identifiable information such as name, address, email address, etc. is not collected as you browse. The only data we collect and store from your browsing session is typical web server log data. Examples of this data are:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of your computer
- the domain name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider) (e.g. aol.com, pacbell.net, etc.)
- the domain name and website address of the site that referred you to us
- any search terms you may have used on a search engine to locate our site
- the pages and documents accessed during your visit to our site
- the time and date each page was visited on the site
This information is used for system administration, troubleshooting, and statistical analysis of site usage and traffic. This information is never shared or exchanged with a third party.
Additional Safeguards: We restrict access to the information to authorized individuals who need to know this information in order to provide service and products.
This site contains links to other sites. CalNonprofits Insurance Services is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites. We strongly recommend you read the privacy statements of the other websites you visit.
Although this site is intended for the use of adults, the forms on this site could collect information from children who furnish it without parental consent or notification. Such information shall be deleted upon discovery or notification.
How You Can Access, Correct, or Request Further Information:
You can access, correct, or request further information regarding your personally identifiable information by sending us a written request to:
CalNonprofits Insurance Services
Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 640 Capitola, CA 95010